BlackRock HR Compensation Consultant, Analyst/Associate in Wilmington, Delaware
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com
As a Compensation Consultant within BlackRock's Global Human Resources department, the position will work with a team of HR professionals in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The role will support other Total Reward partners to deliver effective solutions and advice to the business on all aspects of BlackRock's compensation programs.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical support for the design and administration of compensation programs
- Support Compensation Partners, recruiting team members, and HR Business Partners by drafting competitive compensation offer proposals and tracking process of approvals for new candidates and existing employees
- Assist with the annual planning, preparation, and process of allocating the corporate bonus pool and base salary budget at year-end
- Keep track of and synthesize market trends for distribution amongst team
- Coordinate annual survey participation, which includes assisting with job matching, data submission, and reviewing results.
- Become a “super-user” of the Compensation System
- Assist with ad hoc compensation-related inquiries from Compensation Partners, HR Business Partners, and Business Heads
- Report on compensation trends, outcomes and issues as needed
- Additional duties may include assisting the team in development and implementation of other firm-wide and business-specific initiatives
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Compensation experience or related field desired (financial services and/or consulting experience preferred).
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to express complex thoughts clearly and convincingly in writing, in-person, and in group settings.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information and senior-level leaders.
- Able to multi-task and balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment; strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- Able to work independently and meet tight deadlines combined with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-starter and thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to navigate through ambiguity; flexible and adaptable to change.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (e.g., Oracle) a plus.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Human Resources
Organization: HR-Platform & Operations
Title: HR Compensation Consultant, Analyst/Associate
Primary Location: Americas-United States-Wilmington
Requisition ID: 172323
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2017, 8:38:22 AM