BlackRock Green Package Production Analyst in Wilmington, Delaware
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The role sits in Business Operations within BlackRock Date Services (BDS) which is a centralized data group dedicated to ensuring that all information required for the investment management process including positions, security data, pricing, risk, cash, net asset value (NAV), performance and compliance are delivered through the Green Package consistently, accurately and on a timely basis.
Candidates for this role will be part of our Green Package Analytics & Support team (GPAS). GPAS is a team that is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of Risk and Performance Analytics Reporting to our clients through the release of the Green Package (GP) product. The GP is a comprehensive suite of reports and tools which allow portfolio management teams to manage market risk and make sound investment decisions. GPAS is a fast paced and challenging environment with team members who all share an interest in Finance and Technology.
- Have a good understanding of Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives and Alternatives products and how they are modeled and traded in Aladdin.
- Use technical skills to ensure the accuracy of large analytical data sets, automate processes with scripts and macros and efficiently query information from a vast database.
- Exhibit attention to detail when quality checking Green Package analytics and be accountable for the timely delivery of reports to our clients in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Engage in meetings with end-users of the Green Package product from all levels within the company from Portfolio and Risk Managers to Operations teams and also with our external Clients.
- Support client requests related to the Green Package analytics.
- Be a ‘Student of the Markets’ by following the global markets on a daily basis to understand how macro-economic factors can affect the Green Package analytics and portfolios management’s risk and investment decisions.
- Project work: engaging with other internal teams to think creatively and deliver innovative solutions to our complex client demands.
- Show desire to work in a constantly evolving, changing and challenging environment.
- Candidate must be able to work remotely (home office) on Sundays for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and an ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions and implement change.
- Knowledge of financial products in Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives, and familiarity with Risk analytics such as Durations, Spread, Beta and VaR would be an advantage.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to develop good working relationships with stakeholders.
- Technical skills (SQL, UNIX, Python and PERL) are preferred but not necessary.
- Must be detail orientated, possess initiative and work well under pressure.
- Degree in Finance, Engineering or Technology would be preferred.
- Given that the nature of this role is Finance and Technology (FinTech) centric, we would like candidates who demonstrate an aptitude for learning these aspects of the job.
Developmental Value :
- Candidates will gain exposure to working directly with our stakeholders such as Portfolio Management Group, Risk & Quantitative Analysis, Client Reporting Teams and BlackRock Solutions Aladdin Clients.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to develop knowledge on the constantly evolving Aladdin investment technology, improve on their finance knowledge and technical skills.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to participate in projects that will push them to think outside the box in order to solve numerous complex issues.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Operations
Organization: Tech & Ops-Business Operations
Title: Green Package Production Analyst
Primary Location: Americas-United States-Wilmington
Requisition ID: 172297
Job Posting: Jul 29, 2017, 11:00:00 PM