BlackRock China Legal Counsel - Director in Shanghai, China
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At June 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $4.890 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares ®(exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions ®. As of June 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 12,700 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter:@blackrock_news| Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The primary responsibility is to assist in overseeing and managing regulatory, compliance, legal and risk matters for BlackRock’s businesses in China. The candidate would support all aspects of BlackRock’s business in China, which primary focus on the development of onshore business in China for BlackRock. The position will encompass the following key responsibilities:
- Providing advice on all regulatory, legal, compliance issues and the risk management pertaining toBLK’s China’s onshore business (which may include QDLP or other programs that is permissible for foreign entities under the PRC regulations from time to time)
- Advising WFOE’s board, committees and senior management on compliance and regulatory risks impacting BlackRock China and its clients
- Liaising with Chinese regulatory authorities, internal and external advisors and other internal control groups on legal / compliance and regulatory related matters
- Developing, implement and monitor BlackRock Compliance Program in China; developing, implementing and maintaining BlackRock China’s corporate compliance policies and establishing compliance review procedures for China
- Providing advice on all regulatory issues relating to marketing activities and all other day-to-day activities of the business.
- Providing advice on the launch of new onshore products and the registration of offshore products in China as permitted under the Chinese regulations from time to time
- Review, drafting and negotiation of agreements in support of BlackRock’s business operations in China (e.g. constitutive fund documentation, investment management agreements, distribution agreements, trademark and other intellectual property licenses and brokerage service agreements, third party vendor agreements etc.)
- Escalate risk issues to the Asia ex Japan Head of Risk on risk relating to the onshore business in China.
- Providing advice and support to other control functions including Operations and Internal Audit
- Providing advice on corporate governance issues and employment matters.
- Providing pro-active advice to the business on meeting regulatory requirements
- Managing relationship between BlackRock and CSRC, SAFE and AMAC
- Overseeing all regulatory filings and approvals in support of the China business
- Participating in global and/or regional legal, compliance and risk initiatives and projects and working with legal & compliance and risk colleagues from other BlackRock offices to ensure global best practice and consistency wherever possible.
- Seasoned compliance professional with PRC legal qualifications.
- 8-12 years of legal/ compliance experience with international investment managers or financial services companies.
- Excellent understanding of the regulatory environment in China
- Strong analytical and communication skills and ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Strong Chinese and English written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working in an international organization.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core competencies:-
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
- Client focus
- Ability to work under pressure and take ownership of issues
- Analytical / problem solving skills
Job Function: Legal/Compliance
Organization: L&C-APAC Legal
Title: China Legal Counsel - Director
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-China-Shanghai
Requisition ID: 170067
Job Posting: Apr 4, 2017, 8:02:41 PM