BlackRock Securitized Credit Portfolio Manager in San Francisco, California
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Within Fixed Income, BlackRock's systematic active business applies cutting-edge quantitative strategies to generate alpha for clients from security selection, macro insights, relative value, and technical opportunities. Strategies utilize macro-economic, relative- value and technical insights at a variety of trading frequencies and are scientifically researched in conjunction with the portfolio management team. Strategies built by the team are currently operating both for real money accounts and for BlackRock’s suite of model-based fixed income hedge funds.
- Candidate will be supporting lead portfolio manager in all aspects of daily operations across index, real money and hedge fund businesses.
- Develop systematic investment insights in conjunction with the research and portfolio management teams covering the residential mortgage (agency / non-agency), commercial mortgage and asset-backed security investment universe.
- Actively participate in weekly research and portfolio management business updates.
- Perform detailed analysis regarding collateral performance trends and interpret findings.
- Perform ad hoc security-specific analysis and make investment recommendations.
- Develop and maintain analysis and trading tools for the desk as necessary.
- Implement investment insights by interacting with sell-side firms while negotiating individual asset execution in a manner consistent with investment rational, market structure and best execution.
- Raise and book orders in a manner consistent with firm best practices.
- Oversee portfolio construction to ensure compliance with risk limits and consistency of investment rationale.
- Develop detailed understanding of and monitor portfolio compliance and risk infrastructure.
Ideal candidate would possess:
- 1-3 years of buy or sell-side securitized credit experience
- Degree in finance, economics, mathematics, computer science or comparable
- Interest in systematic or model-driven investment
- Desire to participate in CFA program
- Strong, confident communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Ability to rationalize big-picture ideas and apply them to specific situations with little oversight
- Ability to dynamically adjust to stressful and time-sensitive situations without losing focus of priorities
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Job Function: Investment Management (Trading, Research, Portfolio Management)
Organization: INV-GFI-Model Based
Title: Securitized Credit Portfolio Manager
Primary Location: Americas-United States-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 172279
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2017, 2:55:01 PM