BlackRock iShares US Strategy Associate / VP in San Francisco, California
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The iShares US strategy team supports iShares executive, sales and functional leadership to develop a deep understanding of our business performance and competitive landscape. The team analyzes the business landscape and helps shape and communicate “the story” of our business to internal and external constituents. The team builds and executes on business and resourcing plans, and leads a range of initiatives to shape our business’ go-forward trajectory.
Increasingly, iShares and by extension the Index business is under pressure from a variety of constituents on topics ranging from the limits of indexation to the case for indexing in fixed income. We are seeking an experienced Associate or VP to support this effort with research and advocacy for the broader business. The candidate will work closely with the head of iShares US strategy, the head of the US iShares business and product leadership to develop communication materials and help drive the case and framing for our business initiatives. Just as important, the candidate should be flexible enough to accept a range of strategic consulting challenges across the iShares business. This could include market and competitor analysis, market research and pricing analysis.
We are seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual excited to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment that is at the center of the asset management world. Given the broad range of projects and collegial business culture, the candidate should feel comfortable working with teams and engaging across functional areas.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Work with senior leadership to develop a research agenda around critical investment and capital market topics
- Assemble ad-hoc teams to address market and emerging challenges to index investing
- Support the US iShares business by managing relevant strategic projects
- Build presentation materials relevant to index investing, ETFs and overall US iShares priorities
- Support senior business leaders with project management support and leadership
- Conduct original research to support the above efforts
- Excellent presentation skills and analytical skills (including building models and managing complex XLS datasets)
- Passion for investment products and the asset and wealth management industry
- Strong understanding of investment products, exposures and their usage in retail and institutional accounts
- Strong self-motivation and ability to lead workstreams / projects
- Excellent professional communication skills and demonstrated ability to interface directly and substantively with business leaders and other senior executives
- A passion for index investments, ETFs and the BlackRock and iShares mission
- Record of achievement and excellence
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Job Function: Investment Management (Trading, Research, Portfolio Management)
Organization: US ETF COO, Strategy, Mgmt
Title: iShares US Strategy Associate / VP
Primary Location: Americas-United States-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 172426
Other Locations: Americas-United States-New York
Job Posting: Aug 11, 2017, 11:00:00 PM