BlackRock Institutional Client Operations Manager in San Francisco, California
Who We Are
A team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the finance service industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are making software that allows our customers to retire in style.
Our company has a strong mission to ensure that high-quality investment management services are available to everyone.
The Institutional Client Operations Team is passionate about supporting our many clients – our partner institutions, the advisors leveraging our product to build their businesses, and most importantly, our end investors. At its core, our team provides operational services to support client onboarding, including account opening, asset transfers, NIGO resolution, and pre-trade reviews, as well as providing ongoing servicing to clients with respect to their managed accounts.
The goal of the Client Operations Manager is to manage, coach, and train a team of employees who provide institutional operational support to internal and external clients. The Operations team must act as an advocate for strong investment service delivery within the organization. As a result, the Operations Manager is expected to own building strong process and supervision, managing risk, upholding our fiduciary duty in all decisions, enforcing SLAs and service standards, and actively training team members.
Because of our role in providing end to end service, we can offer unique perspective to the business on product enhancements, usability, and process to continually improve our offering in the industry. We work closely with the engineering, implementations, business development, and product teams within FutureAdvisor as subject matter experts in operations. The Operations Manager should be a vocal advocate for the team and our clients with respect to prioritizing automation and building effective process structures for partners, as well as service-oriented to our internal teams to provide them with insight needed to support their objectives.
· Develop key performance metrics at an individual and team level, and manage reporting to senior management
· Monitor metrics and provide feedback to employees as required
· Develop strong operational policies around systems, processes, and service delivery
· Supervise processes to ensure adherence to all policies and procedures
· Engage with clients and advisors as required for handling escalated service scenarios
· Manage and assign workloads for the team
· Develop and manage capacity planning and staffing to support partnership and client base growth
· Interview and hire new employees
· Train new employees on existing software systems and company procedures
· Work with the Director of Operations Training Director to build effective training modules
· Troubleshoot User Interface issues including technical issues, bugs, and user error and confidently work through issues with clients and engineering team
· Bachelor’s Degree
· At least 3 years of operations experience in the financial services industry,
· At least 2 years of managerial experience including coaching, training or mentoring
· At least 1 year owning or directly influencing controls and risk management for a team
· 5 years of operations experience in the financial services industry
· 3 years of managerial experience including coaching, training or mentoring
· Experience representing an operations or service team through an internal, external, or regulatory audit
· Experience designing, negotiating, and establishing new operational structures in conjunction with an external partner or stakeholder
· Experience working with product or engineering organizations to build operations automation, manage a backlog, or writing business requirements documentation
· Experience using or configuring Salesforce
· Knowledge of custodian platforms
· Series 65, 66, 24, 7 and/or 8 a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Track record of high performance in previous roles
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
· Problem solving skills necessary to analyze situations that require thoughtful solutions
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity andAffirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants withoutregard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteranstatus, and other statuses protected by law.
FutureAdvisor will consider for employment qualifiedapplicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirementsof Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Title: Institutional Client Operations Manager
Primary Location: Americas-United States-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 162942
Job Posting: Oct 16, 2017, 6:58:04 PM