BlackRock Fundamental Active Equities | Junior Technology Analyst | Analyst | San Francisco in San Francisco, California
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Fundamental Active Equities Analyst
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
BlackRock’s Fundamental Active Equity division manages a full range of equity strategies that span the risk/return spectrum, along with several targeted opportunities in specific market sectors. Investment teams—consisting of portfolio managers, research analysts and traders—manage style-specific portfolios built on BlackRock company research in each major equity asset class.
The Fundamental Active Equity team is actively seeking an equity research analyst to join our Technology Fund in San Francisco. The analyst will be responsible for conducting fundamental research and contributing to the team’s investment process.
- Conduct company research – including financial analysis, due diligence on industry trends, company management and strategies
- Meet with management teams to build stronger understanding of underlying industry, competitive dynamics, business drivers, and strategic direction
- Help create and maintain big data analytic systems
- Build and update financial and valuation models
- Develop and maintain analytic databases and visualization tools
- Conduct primary research through industry sources
- Draft reports/notes on new and existing positions
- Attend industry conferences.
- Manage the calendar and company meeting schedule for team
- BS or BA in Finance or Engineering preferred
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills
- Skills in database programming, Tableau and other analytic software preferred
- Ability to synthesize and communicate large amounts of information in succinct manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and some modeling experience
- Basic knowledge of Finance and Accounting
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Job Function: Investment Management (Trading, Research, Portfolio Management)
Title: Fundamental Active Equities | Junior Technology Analyst | Analyst | San Francisco
Primary Location: Americas-United States-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 171582
Job Posting: Jun 1, 2017, 11:03:08 AM