BlackRock Corporate Audit Associate in San Francisco, California
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Internal Audit at BlackRock
Internal Audit’s primary mission is to provide assurance to the Board of Directors and Executive Management that BlackRock’s businesses are well managed and meeting strategic, operational and risk management objectives. The team engages with senior leaders and all of BlackRock’s individual business units globally to understand and advise on the risks in their business, evaluate the effectiveness of key processes and assist in the design of best practices that can improve their results. Internal Audit’s work builds confidence that BlackRock will meet its obligations to clients, shareholders, employees and other stakeholders.
Our Audit Teams “At a Glance”
With teams in the US, Europe, and Asia, the Business Audit Team performs audits covering all BlackRock business units, including investment and asset management, risk management, operations, finance, and legal and compliance.
The Technology Audit Team, also in the US, Europe and Asia, performs design review and testing related to technology controls across application systems and infrastructure components such as databases, operating systems, data centers and messaging platforms. The Technology Data Analytics team, based in the US, performs in-depth data mining and analysis in support of audit controls testing.
PDO (Practices, Development & Operations)
Supporting the entire Audit infrastructure is the Internal Audit Practices Operations and Business Management Team. This group is responsible for coordinating activities and communication across a global team, managing and driving the strategic planning process, implementing process innovations, and ensuring appropriate policies/methodology and procedures are in place. The team plays a meaningful part in the development and continuous improvement of the Global team. The team maintains independence from the other audit teams by reporting directly to the Global Head of Audit and does not participate in traditional audit reviews or issues management.
The Unique Qualities We Look For
The Internal Audit team at BlackRock is growing rapidly and is seeking to hire highly motivated, hard-working, self-starting and collaborative team members around the globe. We are seeking people who are eager to learn about the various businesses as BlackRock, and we offer a unique career path for qualified individuals.
The right individuals will embrace a fast-paced environment and be interested in not only adding high value as a member of the audit team, but in helping to evolve our audit processes, tools and methodologies. The team includes professionals with trading, sales, risk management, compliance, technology, finance and operational experience. Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- The Audit Associate will be involved in various aspects of the Audit group’s risk assessment, assurance and advisory activities. Areas of the business covered may include investment and asset management, risk management, operations, finance, technology and compliance. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Participation in projects aimed at optimizing business and control activities and processes
- Assistance in the risk assessment of selected business, risk and operational units
- Development and maintenance of working relationships with the business and support functions
- Assistance in the formation of the annual audit plan
- Planning, executing, reporting and follow-up of reviews across all areas of the business
- Participation in global/cross regional projects
- Providing advisory services during the development of new businesses and systems
- Performing investigations, special reviews and other ad hoc projects
- Professionals with interest in broad exposure to investment management, risk management, operations, finance and/or technology in the Asset Management industry
- Financial services experience is preferable; understanding of asset management products, business processes and risk and controls systems
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, economics, statistics, accounting or engineering is preferred. BA/BS is required
- Aptitude towards investment and risk management, scenario analysis and problem solving
- Strong project management, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills; strong writing skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong quantitative skills
- Intellectual curiosity and healthy skepticism
- Commitment and strong work ethic
- Proficient understanding of current regulatory and industry events
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and business partners
- Professional certifications such as CFA or CPA are a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Job Function: Audit
Organization: Internal Audit
Title: Corporate Audit Associate
Primary Location: Americas-United States-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 171216
Job Posting: Jun 2, 2017, 7:24:30 AM