BlackRock Business Manager for Smart Beta Group in San Francisco, California
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
U.S. Smart Beta ETF Business Manager
BlackRock is the #1 provider in US Smart Beta ETF category with 22% share of assets and nearly 40% of net new investment in the category in 2016. The Smart Beta (and factor investing) space is growing rapidly across the investment landscape and there is more work to be done across product, sales and marketing functions to further BlackRock’s leadership position.
To support all these efforts, we are hiring a U.S. iShares Smart Beta Business Manager. This role will report to the head of U.S. iShares Smart Beta and work closely with senior management and existing teams across ETF & Index Investment (EII), Factor-Based Strategies, Marketing, Retail, and Institutional groups to coordinate and help drive the overall strategy for Smart Beta ETFs in the U.S.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Drive and manage iShares Smart Beta governance committees of senior leaders (US Smart Beta OpCo and Global Smart Beta OpCo), including: set meeting cadence, design agenda / areas of focus and communicate and track resulting decisions / workstreams
- Establish iShares Smart Beta strategy council to drive strategic decision making for the US smart beta business
Strategy and execution oversight
- Work with key stakeholders to develop annual strategic priorities for the smart beta business and communicate broadly across the firm
- Partner closely with retail and US Institutional client businesses to ensure we are progressing against our SB priorities
- Contribute to, support and manage critical initiatives and intersections with functional areas/partners (such as marketing, institutional and retail sales, PR, factor-based strategy teams, etc.) to further business growth and development.
- Monitor progress against annual strategic priorities, including financial targets, competitive position, product performance and distribution efforts.
- Create, maintain and distribute all business reporting key to monitoring business health and progress against initiatives.
- Lead specific initiatives with cross functional teams in support of our smart beta priority areas (targeted distribution, implementation in portfolios and brand / leadership position); Likely cross-functional workstreams include:
- Development and roll-out of tools and analytics to support client education and distribution activities.
- PR and communications plan
- Distribution strategy and activities (client segments, use cases and client touches)
- Index provider strategy and content management
- Competitive analysis and monitoring
- 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry.
- Highly effective process management: coordination, execution, follow-up and attention to detail
- High quality communication skills, both spoken and written, to a range of audiences
- Operates as a “self-starter” with high energy and demonstrates a hard-working, “roll-up-your-sleeves” approach
- Effective team player, with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, drive for results and work through difficult problems
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Job Function: Product Management
Organization: US ETF Product
Title: Business Manager for Smart Beta Group
Primary Location: Americas-United States-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 171865
Other Locations: Americas-United States-New York
Job Posting: Jun 20, 2017, 12:09:32 PM