BlackRock US Wealth Advisory COO Team – Business Management Associate in Princeton, New Jersey
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock’s US Wealth Advisory business (“USWA”) manages the firm’s relationships with US retail investors and financial advisors. Representing a full suite of strategies – from iShares ETFs and mutual funds to SMAs and sub-advisory relationships – USWA’s mandate is to deliver “One BlackRock” to our clients.
The USWA Business & Sales Administration team is responsible for managing and supporting cross-business operational, administrative and compliance initiatives, such as process improvement, policy development, expense management and other strategic initiatives. This group reports to the Chief Operating Officer of USWA, and is an important part of the “connective tissue” of USWA, coordinating functional areas within the business and supporting interactions with the broader BlackRock organization.
We are seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual excited to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment that will be the future growth engine for the world’s largest asset manager. Given the broad range of projects and collegial business culture, the candidate should feel comfortable working with teams and engaging across functional areas. The Analyst / Associate will report to a Vice President or Director on the USWA Business & Sales Administration team.
The Analyst / Associate will:
- Focus on process improvement, technology and expense management efforts
- Work closely with finance, sales leadership and other business partners such as compliance and technology with a mandate to deeply understand business administration
- Identify inefficiencies and implement processes and policies to improve the inner workings of the business
- Help coordinate recurring expense reviews and support broader expense management initiatives
- Partner across the organization in order to contribute to larger strategic initiatives.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Identify issues and solutions to business issues
- Project manage strategic and tactical business initiatives
- Document and develop business processes and policies
- Develop and manage detailed project plans
- Develop and deliver communications and training to sales and other USWA personnel
- Coordinate expense reviews and reporting across sales channels and client-facing teams
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors responsible for administrative support functions
- Develop and deliver presentation materials for business initiatives
- College degree, with a minimum 2-5 years of experience in the retail financial services industry—including asset management, broker/dealers and registered investment advisors
- Excellent presentation (oral and written), communication and analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills a must; programming skills a plus
- High energy, flexible, motivated individual with commitment to and track record of excellence
- Proven ability to work independently
- Experience leading work streams / projects
- Ability to represent BlackRock in a professional manner
- Ability to interface directly and substantively with senior sales and business leaders
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Business Management
Organization: US Wealth Advisory
Title: US Wealth Advisory COO Team – Business Management Associate
Primary Location: Americas-United States-Princeton
Requisition ID: 171619
Job Posting: Jun 11, 2017, 11:00:00 PM