BlackRock U.S. Wealth Advisory – Product Structure & Oversight – Associate in New York, New York
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock’s U.S. Wealth Advisory business manages the firm’s relationships with U.S. retail investors and financial advisors. Representing a full suite of strategies – from iShares ETFs and mutual funds to SMAs and sub-advisory relationships – U.S. Wealth Advisory’s mandate is to deliver “One BlackRock” to retail.
The U.S. Wealth Advisory Product Structure & Oversight team partners with other groups across BlackRock to design and implement BlackRock’s product development strategy in the U.S. retail market. The team is also responsible for the ongoing management of the existing U.S. mutual funds, including product consolidation and repositioning. Our group, reporting to the Head of Investments and Portfolio Solutions for U.S. Wealth Advisory, connects the U.S. Wealth Advisory business to other functional areas within the firm as well as with the mutual fund boards of directors.
We are looking for an Associate to join the U.S. Wealth Advisory Product Structure & Oversight teamto help support product-related strategic initiatives and daily product management activities. The individual will work with the USWA platform development team to support the positioning and sales of one or more asset classes by ensuring that we have the right products to meet current and future investor demand and that those products are structurally competitive. This individual will also support new product development of U.S. actively-managed funds.
We are seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual excited to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Given the broad range of projects and collegial business culture, the candidate should feel comfortable working with teams and engaging across functional areas.
- Participate in managing BlackRock’s U.S. mutual fund product line and development initiatives, including strategy and execution of fund changes and new product launches
- Develop, write, and refine presentations for senior executives and the mutual fund boards of directors
- Work with functional teams (including investment management, marketing, operations, and legal) on various fund-related initiatives, including support of existing products and design of new funds
- Understand the structural, operational and sales aspects of the full product line
- Keep abreast of industry trends to identify product gaps and ensure Blackrock’s retail product line is well positioned for current shareholders and future growth
- Conduct competitive fund analysis using tools such as Morningstar, Lipper, and Simfund
- Act as a contact and product expert for product-related questions from internal partners and outside vendors
- Ad hoc projects as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Approximately 3-5 years of work experience
- BA/BS required
- Strong attention to detail with project management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Self-starter; ability to work well with others on a team and independently
- Ability to understand and synthesize complex concepts and to problem solve
- High energy, flexible, motivated individual with a commitment to excellence
- Consultative, analytic mindset and creative aptitude
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to represent BlackRock in a professional manner with long-term ability to interface directly and substantively with senior business leaders
- Familiarity with the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the US retail advisor industry preferable but not required
- Finance, Consulting, Legal, Fund Accounting or product implementation background helpful but not required
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Product Management
Organization: US Wealth Advisory
Title: U.S. Wealth Advisory – Product Structure & Oversight – Associate
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 171887
Job Posting: Jul 20, 2017, 9:17:01 AM