BlackRock Sales Strategy and Enablement Associate in New York, New York
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The Channel Execution team is part of Retail Distribution Analytics within Retail Technology. The team is responsible for leading the efforts to increase salesforce productivity by connecting channel intelligence, sales technology and advisor segmentation to grow Global Retail & iShares profitably.
We are seeking an Analyst/Associate candidate to play an integral role within theChannel Execution Team. Within this role, he/she will support the Channel Manager in defining a winning strategy and driving its execution through all levels of the iShares channel.
The ideal candidate is a high-energy, self-motivated individual excited to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment that will be the future growth engine for the world’s largest asset manager. Given the interaction with sales management, experience in retail sales and driving sales results is preferred.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Support the Channel Manager as a go-to partner and thought leader to iShares sales leadership
- Manage iShares & cross-channel related strategic initiatives & projects
- Build deep relationships with the sales teams, focusing on coaching Sales Management & the Sales Force to incorporate technologies that lead to a more effective & efficient Sales Process
- Deliver ad-hoc analysis to support NSM/DD needs
- Partner with broader Retail Distribution Analytics as the business’ advocate turning needs into requirements and ultimately deliverables
- BA/BS required; major in Business, Finance, MIS, Entrepreneurship or related fields preferred
- 3 years of financial services experience desired; experience and success in a sales distribution role preferred
- Ability to work with analytical software, including Excel and Aqua Data Studio
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn, SQL
- Knowledge of the retail asset management industry and financial services industry service providers, including Albridge, Market Metrics and Salespage CRM is a plus
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven leadership skills with a track record of successfully influencing others, including non-direct reports
- Self-motivated with the drive and ability to work independently, as well as within a team
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, highly demanding results-driven environment
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Sales/Relationship Management
Organization: US Wealth Advisory
Title: Sales Strategy and Enablement Associate
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 172022
Job Posting: Jul 14, 2017, 11:33:13 AM