BlackRock Product Management VP in New York, New York
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Within BlackRock’s US & Canada Defined Contribution (USDC) Group, the Product Management team is responsible for driving the product agenda, managing product launches and product infrastructure, client implementation, platform support and product pricing across over $600bn in Defined Contribution assets. The team works across the full lifecycle of our products, from inception through launch, and the full lifecycle of our client relationships, from on-boarding through best-in-class client service, offering a unique position and opportunity to interact cross-functionally across the broader BlackRock organization. Beyond the broader USDC team, the Product Management team regularly engages with many other groups throughout the firm, including; Institutional Client Business, US Wealth Advisory, Global Consultant Relations, Portfolio Management, Legal & Compliance, Marketing, and Business Operations.
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual, with strong project management skills, who is excited to work in a dynamic, fast-paced business that has been named by senior management as one of the main engines for future revenue growth. This role will focus primarily on product and project management priorities across the entire DC landscape. S/he will partner closely with the broader DC team (Distribution, Strategy, Research, and Marketing), and our partners throughout the firm (e.g., Portfolio Management, Business Operations, and Legal & Compliance) to support the full product management lifecycle as well as to drive strategic initiatives. Examples of assignments could include new product/solution launches, research and industry analysis, and project managing initiatives aimed at driving efficiency and/or enhancing processes.
The ideal candidate will have deep technical fluency and extensive knowledge of the DC market, across investments, plan design, regulatory matters, distribution, and recordkeeping/trust operations.
- Serve as the program / project manager on key initiatives related to the DC product platform.
Engaging with cross-functional teams to think creatively, develop process improvements, and deliver innovative solutions.
- Clarify project objectives, drive consensus and communicate plans and results to stakeholders and management.
Ensure success of projects by managing scope, recognizing and resolving issues, managing and motivating team, managing resource contention, and shifting priorities.
Develop strong relationships with the DC team (Distribution, Strategy, Research, and Marketing) as well as other groups throughout the firm (Institutional Client Business, US Wealth Advisory, Global Consultant Relations, Portfolio Management, Legal & Compliance, and Business Operations) to drive product initiatives and become a trusted partner.
Define and manage product deployment process across client base in partnership with internal teams.
Help to define the product vision and roadmap, incorporating BlackRock’s strategy and principles, and industry and technology trends.
- Work with internal resources and/or external vendors to customize and integrate tools and interactions.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the full suite of products and vehicles available to DC plan sponsors.
- Stay abreast of DC industry trends and opportunities for new products.
- Partner with DC Distribution team on managing strategic operational projects with partner firms
- Together with other members of the team, support DC team as a product subject matter expert and provide high quality timely responses to inquiries.
- 5 - 10 years of investment related experience with a focus on product management and demonstrated experience leading large projects/initiatives.
- Knowledge of the defined contribution market, trends, regulations, and operations – with a solid understanding of retirement income, technology and advisory solutions available in the DC market.
- Strong project management skills, organizational, problem-solving and planning skills, including the ability to multi-task.
- Strong investment acumen and a high degree of fluency and comfort in positioning solutions for DC clients.
- Ability to think and plan strategically as well as the ability to execute tactically.
- Possess high energy, motivation, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence.
- Flexible and adaptive in a high growth, innovative and dynamic environment
- Effective team player, able to work with and influence people of all levels both internally and externally.
- Analytical ability to synthesize information and summarize key issues.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- An undergraduate degree is required (MBA, other advanced degree, or CFA are a plus).
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Product Management
Organization: US DC
Title: Product Management VP
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 170931
Job Posting: Jul 7, 2017, 12:46:08 PM