BlackRock Managing Director, Regulatory Engagement & Development in New York, New York
The Global Head of Regulatory Engagement and Development would be a senior member of the firm’s Legal & Compliance team and would be responsible for setting strategy for engaging with our regulators globally and responding to new/changing regulations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining effective working relationships across a global business with multiple products and strategies and a diverse client base.
This position can be based in New York City or London and will report to the firm’s Chief Compliance Officer.
· This role is responsible for working with senior management in all regions to set strategy for engaging with our key regulators with a focus on maintaining positive and constructive relationships with regulators around the globe.
· This person and their team will also lead on key regulatory engagements in conjunction with the country CCOs, other members of the Compliance leadership team, and senior management.
· This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining processes to support country CCOs and local management in their engagements with local regulators including running the programme for exam preparation and information requests.
· The individual will take the lead on advising on the firm’s responses to regulatory issues or requests for information as well as meeting requests from regulators. The individual will also attend meetings with regulators as required.
· Key responsibilities further include ownership of the firm’s framework for identifying, assessing, and communicating the implications and requirements of new and changing regulations for BlackRock. In particular, this person will be the lead for Legal & Compliance in advising senior management on complex new regulations that have cross-jurisdictional or cross-functional impact.
· In this role, the individual will also manage Legal & Compliance implementation projects focused on complying with new/changing regulations.
· The successful person will supervise a global team and as such should have strong management and leadership skills.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
At least 15 years relevant experience, preferably including experience within a global financial services firm.
Experience performing a global role with a focus on engaging with regulators and influencing and implementing policy.
A proven ability to apply sound judgment, effectively communicate and make and implement high quality, timely decisions.
Leadership experience. Ability to manage others in the creation and development of a highly effective group and motivate direct and indirect reports to excel.
Ability to effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including senior management, investment teams, public policy teams, and business operations.
Demonstrated ability to be sensitive to other cultures and work with colleagues in different jurisdictions.
Job Function: Legal/Compliance
Title: Managing Director, Regulatory Engagement & Development
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 172980
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2017, 11:00:00 PM
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.