BlackRock LAI Head of Institutional Client Segment in New York, New York
BlackRock is a truly global firm that combines the benefits of worldwide reach with local service and relationships. We manage assets for clients in North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and Africa. The firm employs more than 12,000 talented professionals and maintains offices in many countries around the world. Our client base includes corporate, public, union and industry pension plans; governments; insurance companies; third-party mutual funds; endowments; foundations; charities; corporations; official institutions; sovereign wealth funds; banks; financial professionals; and individuals worldwide.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's institutional business serves corporate and public sector pension funds, charities and endowments, insurers and other financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds as well as governments and official institutions.
Our institutional clients have very specific needs that require genuine partnership. We aim to be that investment partner by listening to our clients, understanding them and by applying our investment expertise across asset classes and markets to solve their needs. The Latin America Institutional business AUM is 52.3 b as of 1Q 2016 and is supported by approximately 45 staff members located throughout Latin America.
Job Background & Responsibilities:
We are seeking a seasoned business leader to lead the Institutional Client business for the Latin America region, selling both active and passive investments. Key responsibilities for this role are to lead the business for the region by managing, motivating and developing the team, while proactively widening and deepening client relationships and growing the regional business. The leader will be a member of both the Latin America Regional Executive Committee and the Institutional Sales Executive Committee where they will represent the region’s interests with respect to business strategy, market intelligence, new product needs and strategic direction. This role will be responsible for leading a team of approximately 45 staff located throughout Latin America and the US.
Additional main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Lead the design and implementation of an aggressive sales strategy for clients in the region to meet financial targets. Role requires the development of a forward-looking strategy to achieve business goals that include new targets, client relationships and mandates.
· Partner closely with executives and teams across BlackRock including regional country heads and senior leaders from within the Institutional Client Business to leverage resources
· Deliver BlackRock’s full suite of active and passive investment products and skills to clients. Identify and diligently pursue new client opportunities through a comprehensive understanding of clients’ investment needs. Focus on strategic products for the group and work closely with the product development function to develop new product ideas to maximize commercial impact.
· Anticipate changes in market trends, regulation and client demand and proactively articulate implications for BlackRock’s strategy.
· Defend and maintain assets through on-going dialogue and positioning other options where appropriate.
· Manage relevant budgets and expand the footprint of the Institutional Business in the Latin America market.
· Deliver cross-selling opportunities by leveraging knowledge of the firm and its institutional business, and by cultivating strong relationships with senior client stakeholders
· Engage with internal product development stakeholders to ensure that BlackRock’s offerings remain relevant for institutional clients and to ensure ongoing channeling of feedback from the sales teams back to the product teams.
Experientially, we are seeking a candidate with strong prior experience within the following areas:
· Proven ability to manage a business, including people management and development, revenue generation and executive presence
· Self-managed, highly driven by relationship management and revenue generation
· Proven robust and lengthy track record of raising assets and managing relationships with a sophisticated institutional client base
· Strong general financial services knowledge. This should include a deep insight in to the needs and wants of regional institutional clients and their business drivers from an operational and regulatory standpoint
· Detailed and broad technical product and market knowledge across active and passive investment vehicles
· Experience in managing and inspiring a team is essential
· Strong professional and personal integrity
· Successful track record of implementing strategic and financial goals
Job Function: Sales/Relationship Management
Organization: Americas - LAI
Title: LAI Head of Institutional Client Segment
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 161188
Job Posting: May 1, 2017, 11:00:00 PM