BlackRock Corporate Accounting VP in New York, New York
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
We are actively searching for a Vice President of Corporate Accounting. Ideal candidate will be responsible for the supervision of two professionals.
Additionally, candidate should be able to flourish in an extremely fast-paced and growing environment.
- Accounting and legal entity control for BlackRock’s 2 US broker-dealers and 8 other entities within Americas region
- Complete ownership of all accounting and finance related aspects for the broker dealers including financial reporting and regulatory reporting
- Detailed review of various broker-dealer related regulatory filings (audited financial statements, FOCUS reports, Form 17-h, SSOI etc)
- Perform the monthly, quarterly and annual close of the books of the broker-dealers and assist with the close of the Americas books
- Liase with internal and external auditors and other 3rd party service providers
- Balance sheet and income statement variance analysis and review of various balance sheet reconciliations.
- Keep abreast of new regulatory rules and regulations (FINRA, SEC etc.) and GAAP guidance as they apply to the broker-dealers
- Coordination with a variety of Finance departments including: forecasting/budgeting, management, financial reporting, and tax. In addition, extensive contact with other groups at BlackRock such as Legal and Compliance and various businesses.
- Special projects as they occur – special projects are very frequent
- Will have to obtain Series 27 certification after joining
- CPA is a must
- 8 - 10 years of accounting/audit experience, preferably in a “Big 4” organization
- Excellent accounting operations and GAAP skills.
- Candidate should be detail oriented, highly analytical and proactive with respect to identifying any issues and implementing process change in order to obtain increased accuracy, internal controls and greater efficiencies.
- Thorough knowledge of internal controls as they relate to the accounting operations of a publicly traded entity. Knowledge of SOX process helpful.
- Current and previous supervisory experience required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact with senior professionals throughout the firm.
- Ability to work successfully under tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Self-starter, independent worker and able to make sound and timely decisions.
- Knowledge of broker-dealers is a strong plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Accounting/Finance/Tax
Organization: FIN-Controllers Group
Title: Corporate Accounting VP
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 171433
Job Posting: Jul 18, 2017, 4:16:20 PM