BlackRock Controller Private Credit Director NY in New York, New York
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Seasoned accounting professional to serve as Controller, responsible for the management and oversight of the books and records of BlackRock Capital Investment Corporation (“BCIC”, or the “BDC”), a publicly traded entity, as well as a private joint venture (the “JV”), and the management of three Associates.Successful candidate will be detail oriented, highly analytical and will need to gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of our business. Additionally, candidate should be able to flourish in an extremely fast-paced and growing environment.
- Shared responsibility for the management and oversight of the production of supporting documentation of all line items and disclosures in the BCIC and JV financials
- Shared responsibility for the management and oversight of the financial statement preparation and review process
- Responsible for oversight and review of substantially all of the work of the Associates
- Become knowledgeable on RIC distribution requirements and excise tax rules and various other tax aspects of a RIC
- Develop an understanding of BCIC’s tax provision calculation and dividend coverage versus taxable income
- Assume responsibility of incentive fee calculation, tracking and projection.Gain a thorough understanding of its mechanics and how possible outcomes will affect the results
- Participate in debt restructuring analysis and conversations.Understand the potential impact on GAAP and tax.
- Involvement in potential consolidation issues.Gain a thorough understanding of the rules, implications and related GAAP disclosures
- Become involved in Accounting Policy discussions, understand the impact to the business, and implement the required disclosures
- Production of 12 month forecasts of NII, dividend coverage, leverage, etc. using various business assumptions
- Gain intimate knowledge of our credit facility and other debt docs and the related requirements thereunder.Intention is to understand and anticipate the effect different business conditions will have on certain borrowing base and compliance limitations
- Understand the effect various transactional decisions will have on the overall business (issuing equity, issuing preferred stock, increasing/decreasing dividend).Ability to model out the various scenarios and outcomes
- Participate in the management and development of newly hired Associate.
- Special projects as they occur.
- Approximately 10 years of related experience, preferably with a publicly traded entity or a “Big 4” public accounting firm; CPA a must.
- Excellent accounting skills and deep knowledge of GAAP as it relates to our business.Thorough knowledge of the necessary internal controls around the accounting and reporting functions of a publicly traded entity. Knowledge of SOX process a must.
- Ability to work successfully under deadlines.
- Self-starter, independent worker and ability to make sound and timely decisions.
- Ability to handle a variety of complex tasks simultaneously and comfortable working closely with senior management.
- Knowledge of the investment company industry a plus.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Investment Management (Trading, Research, Portfolio Management)
Title: Controller Private Credit Director NY
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 172064
Job Posting: Jul 11, 2017, 5:38:12 PM