BlackRock Business Management Associate in New York, New York
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
The Technology & Operations COO Business Management team is responsible for providing direction to Technology and Operations through strategic messaging, informative reporting, and open communication across the organization.The team prepares and gives guidance on presentations to BlackRock senior management and employees across the firm.The team is responsible for administrative processes across Technology and Operations associated with headcount management, financial and budget management, performance and risk measurement and reporting, risk and audit management, talent and development and organizational structure.The team works with Technology and Operations functional teams through clear and concise communication to develop and complete initiatives that assist in meeting the firm’s objectives.
Role Overview of COO Services Team:
The Associate of Business Management contributes to leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that Technology and Operations has designed an effective and scalable operating model for the business activities supported.This includes understanding and evolving the service level choices, operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. This role will report to the head of Business Management and will work closely with the full executive management team.
- Partner with corporate functions outside of Technology & Operations (e.g. RQA, Finance, HR etc.) to provide an entry point into Technology & Operations.
- Support execution of global activities (e.g. annual planning, strategic communications materials) across functional teams.
- Contribute to the monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance and staffing against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Collaborate with functional businesses, Finance and Human Resources on forecasting, planning, and analysis for global Business Operations teams.
- Drive initiatives aimed at increasing transparency and reducing costs through the structured use of management reporting / metrics.
- “Tell the story” of Technology & Operations at the aggregate level - furnish the Senior Leadership Team with the appropriate information at the right time, and enable strategic communication across the department.
- Perform headcount analysis against budgeted initiatives and prepare monthly Management Reports for the leadership team.
- Execute and improve the processes through which staffing requisitions are submitted, approved, and processed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Intellectually curious individual with bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred.
- Be an agent of change who is committed to progressing the agenda for diversity and inclusion in the firm.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Capacity to influence an outcome by using fact-based approach with communicational finesse.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Comfort in working across various teams and building relationships across those teams.
- Ability to maintain discretion in all aspects of work.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Operations
Organization: Tech & Ops-Business Operations
Title: Business Management Associate
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 172376
Job Posting: Aug 11, 2017, 11:00:00 PM