BlackRock BlackRock Index & Data Strategic Relationship Manager in New York, New York
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com at http://www.blackrock.com/ | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com at http://www.blackrockblog.com/ | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is seeking a team-oriented individual who can immediately add value to its global Index and Market Data Relationship Management team. The team is responsible for index and market data strategies and provider management. The Director position will be responsible for providing senior enterprise-level guidance and counsel to internal clients, and helping lead the strategic sourcing of index and market data products and services to support the firm’s investment and risk management products and processes.
• Proactively manage complex key relationships with index and market data providers
• Partner with senior internal stakeholders and legal in the negotiation of various index and market data agreements to attain beneficial commercial terms and mitigate business risk
• Serve as senior escalation contact for internal clients and external providers
• Facilitate regular enterprise level meetings with each Strategic Partner to maintain momentum, early knowledge of providers capabilities, and on-going compatibility of partnership
• Act as the clearinghouse of activity across the firm for activities in each area of partnership through tracking on-going join work, providing introductions, and general relationship facilitation.
• Develop and deliver on index and market data strategies that align with firm objectives
• Track and effectively communicate internally industry trends and market intelligence
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, business, economics or other quantitative area
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant prior industry experience
• Understand the multi-dimensional needs and complex use cases of our products and internal clients
• Proven ability to navigate complex relationships externally and internally
• Strong stakeholder management skills inclusive of managing conflicts and ability to broker solutions to leverage the broadest benefits for the firm.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be organized, detail orientated, responsive and be able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to work autonomously and coordinate and build strong professional relationships
• Superior analytical skills to identify and evaluate potential strategic opportunities in the marketplace
• Network and influence others without direct oversight and supervision, including contributing to ongoing development of team members
• Prior management experience
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Operations
Organization: Tech & Ops-Business Operations
Title: BlackRock Index & Data Strategic Relationship Manager
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 162650
Job Posting: May 11, 2017, 9:27:23 AM
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.