BlackRock Associate, Credit Business Management in New York, New York
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
- Map, socialize and maintain an active library of all investment and operational procedures across the Global Credit platform.
- Execute fundamental procedures required to process transactions
- Assist in the reconciliation process for both positions and profit and loss calculations and perform strategy updates
- Identify and analyze problems and generate alternative solutions as they relate to portfolio management and trading, includingcontinued investment process refinement, implementation and consistency of best practices
- Create ad hoc reports to support non-systemic analysis for asset restructures and private transactions
- Partner with various internal groups across the firm such as GCM, RQA, Portfolio Compliance, Legal & Compliance, Business Operations, ICB and Product Strategy in order support the Portfolio Management team.
- Provide support to Fundamental Credit Fixed Income Portfolio Management in regard to operational oversight of transactions and investments across the Fixed Income Credit platform with a focus on non-standard asset types.
- Review of investment documentation including subscription agreements, confidentiality agreements and other transaction documentation
- Coordination & collaboration with the Global Fixed Income COO team, portfolio managers, research analysts and traders on key projects, issues and concerns.
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to operational challenges
- Strong intellectual capacity and analytical mindset
- Well organized, disciplined approach to work with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong work ethic with high level of self-motivation
- Willing to work as part of a team in a fast paced work environment and ability to multitask
- Knowledge of internal BlackRock systems (Aladdin)
- Knowledge of restricted lists and working with MNPI
- Knowledge of operations and experience in trade processing
- Understanding of leveraged finance assets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to coordinate across the firm
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion
- 3 years of financial services experience with knowledge of fixed income and operations
- BA/BS required
- Experience with Aladdin tools and applications; knowledge of Aladdin data sources is required
- Knowledge of syndicated loans; including documentation, trading, settlement and ongoing position management
- Understanding non-standard assets types, such as private debt, equity and distressed assets
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Investment Management (Trading, Research, Portfolio Management)
Organization: INV-T&P-Bus Mgmt
Title: Associate, Credit Business Management
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 172055
Job Posting: Aug 8, 2017, 10:10:16 AM