BlackRock Administrative Assistant in New York, New York
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com
BlackRock is sourcing for a dynamic and enthusiastic Administrative Assistant who functions in an efficient, detail-oriented, and proactive manner. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional who has deep experience supporting senior management with global responsibilities in a fast-paced global financial services firm. The candidate should be a team player, extremely motivated, resourceful, organized, communicative, and able to leverage the managers' time by completing tasks independently with strong attention to detail. The job will be supporting at least 3 senior leaders and their respective teams, so a high energy, fast paced, multi skilled admin is going to be important. The position is based in New York.
• Senior Leader catchups, with particular emphasis on connecting start and end of day to discuss next day/rest of week changes
• Phone Coverage, with a particular emphasis on emailing / texting/ call mobile critical phone calls that require game time changes (identify key folks where interrupting current meeting is acceptable)
• Calendar and Meeting Management
– FOCUS AREAS: scheduling meetings, combine meetings by locations where possible, update HRLT calendar with attendance and location, build in travel time, build in work time, build in team time (prioritize 1:1s and minimize rescheduling, make space for HRLT to complete their mid-year, their team’s mid-years, and their get feedback reviews), build in phone call time, correspondence with executive management and their assistants, ensure managers arrive on time, secure / print materials where HRLT member is facilitating and/or actioning, coordinate conference and AV support for meetings and town halls, discuss conflicts prior to declining
– WHERE NECESSARY: meal arrangements, meet and greet visitors, print resumes of candidates where interviews
• Travel planning, including airline, hotel, car service or car rental (driving directions as needed)
• Expense reports and reimbursements processing and tracking
• Produce letters, memos, presentations, reports as necessary; proofread documents for appropriate grammar
• Secure lunch and/or other meal requirements
• Coverage, including Back Up and Vacation
• Supply Stock Inventory
• Ad hoc admin as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
College degree preferred or equivalent experience
Minimum five years of corporate administrative experience in roles that interfaced with external clients and executive management.
Excellent phone manner and management a must
Experience and proficiency working with automated expense tracking, online travel etc.
Must have superior skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and knowledge in PowerPoint
Ability to perform in a fast paced environment and interact with senior management under highly demanding conditions
Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented
Strong time management skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments, with a high degree of accuracy, and meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Human Resources
Organization: HR-RI-Total Rewards
Title: Administrative Assistant
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 172981
Job Posting: Oct 5, 2017, 8:39:43 AM
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.