BlackRock Administrative Assistant, Credit New York in New York, New York
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is sourcing for a dynamic and enthusiastic Administrative Assistant who functions in an efficient, detail-oriented, and proactive manner. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional who has deep experience supporting senior managers in a fast-paced global financial services firm. The candidate should be a team player, extremely motivated, resourceful, organized, communicative, and able to leverage the managers' time by completing tasks independently with strong attention to detail. The position is based in New York.
- Responsible for managing multiple schedules simultaneously. Pro-actively gather necessary background material, directions and other items required for each activity on the schedule and provide to principal for review prior to the meetings/events. Must be able to use discretion and independently maintain busy calendars and control schedules to ensure managers’ ability to accomplish all necessary business. At times must monitor managers to make sure they start and end meetings on schedule.
- Handle a broad range of duties from day to day operational activities to scheduling meetings and correspondence with Executive management and Board members and their assistants.
- Meet and greet visitors and clients, answering phones, coordinating conference rooms and meal arrangements.
- Handle a large volume of travel planning including obtaining necessary visas, airline reservations, hotel accommodations, car rental/service reservations, and working with offices in other locations to schedule client meetings/dinners/events. Prepare detailed travel folders with necessary background information for meetings to take place while traveling.
- Process and track expense reports and reimbursements in accordance with BlackRock policy.
- Provide core administrative support such as faxing, filing, copying, proof reading, preparing, receiving and distributing mail, interacting with technology support, etc.
- Performing ad hoc projects as needed.
- Become familiar with BlackRock Policies and Procedures and implement them in daily tasks.
- Provide back-up coverage for other administrative team members.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance, knowing when to escalate issues as appropriate. Must be able to work as part of a collaborative team, and assume additional responsibilities as required.
- Strong analytical thinker; be able to ascertain whether a meeting, issue or situation needs additional input or resources to be correctly addressed.
- Minimum five years of corporate administrative experience in roles that interfaced with external clients and executive management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work with BlackRock executive management. Must collaborate extremely well with the assistants of those individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Strong time management skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments, with a high degree of accuracy, and meet deadlines in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment, multitask and interact with senior management under highly demanding conditions.
- Must have superior skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and proficiency knowledge in PowerPoint.
- Experience and proficiency working with automated expense tracking, online travel etc.
- High energy level.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Administrative/Secretarial/Clerical
Title: Administrative Assistant, Credit New York
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 171881
Job Posting: Jul 20, 2017, 2:29:15 PM