BlackRock Active Equities Data Hunter in New York, New York
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Active Equities: Data Hunter
BlackRock’s Active Equity division manages a full range of fundamental and quantitative equity strategies that span the risk/return spectrum, along with several targeted opportunities in specific market sectors. More than 40 investment teams—consisting of portfolio managers, research analysts and traders—manage style-specific portfolios built on BlackRock company research in each major equity asset class.
BlackRock Active Equities (“AE”) is creating a new global research team focused on alternative, primary and big data. We are seeking an experienced specialist to hunt for information that will drive new actionable investment insights. The successful candidate will identify, source and analyse alternative data forms which may include surveys, web-harvested information, and other forms of new, structured and unstructured information.
Reporting to AE’s Head of Data, this role offers tremendous scope for an entrepreneurial data expert to make a significant contribution to alpha generation across our world class investment teams. You will be working with a team that shares your passion for data and its potential to positively transform the investment landscape.
- Collaborate with investment teams to develop data-oriented solutions that answer specific research questions.
- Proactively discover unique data sources that offer alpha generation opportunity.
- Collaborate with Data Scientist and Investment team colleagues to analyse the efficacy and alpha value of potential new data sources.
- Coordinate and manage Investment team data trials.
- Respond to investment team requests and data referrals.
- Manage AE’s web harvesting and proprietary survey programs
- Work with AE’s Data Manager to negotiate and on-board new data sources.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in equities investment / research environment and understanding of equity-related data sets highly advantageous.
- Familiarity with 3rdparty vendor equity-related data products, competitors, pricing and industry trends preferred.
- High developed data analysis and quantitative skills.
- Disposition for data detective work.
- Creativity and lateral thinking. Ability to “connect the dots” vis-à-vis applicability of unique data sets.
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills.
- Organized with an ability to multitask disparate projects.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into language understandable by investment colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to work with remote colleagues and teams.
- Passion for identifying insight that supports the investment process.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Analytics
Organization: INV-Active Equities
Title: Active Equities Data Hunter
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 171872
Job Posting: Jul 24, 2017, 1:08:39 PM