BlackRock 403(b) Sales/Strategy Director in New York, New York
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide. At March 31, 2015, BlackRock’s AUM was $4.774 trillion. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares ®(exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions ®. Headquartered in New York City, as of March 31, 2015, the firm had approximately 12,300 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter:@blackrock_news| Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is a recognized leader within the defined contribution (DC) market, managing over $600 billion in DC assets. In order to maintain the firm’s leadership position and to meet growth objectives in this market, BlackRock seeks to recruit a highly experienced sales professional and strategist to develop the 403(b) market of this business.
The individual will be responsible for developing and executing the sales strategy for the 403(b) market. This will involve developing new prospects as well as leveraging deep and well-established relationships to cross sell BlackRock’s capabilities. The individual will market a full range of investment options with specific emphasis on target date and index funds.
The ideal candidate will have deep technical fluency and extensive knowledge of the 403(b) market, across sales strategy, investments, plan design, regulatory matters, distribution, and recordkeeping and broad and deep contacts within the 403(b) space. Emphasis will be placed on the quality and depth of relationships with 403(b) plan decision makers, as well as direct sales and relationship management experience with the 403(b) market.
- Develop and execute the 403(b) sales strategy across all DC distribution channels
- Raise assets from new and existing 403(b) clients and provide best-in-class client service.
- Collaborate with other account executives across BlackRock (including Pensions, Endowments, Consultant Relations, etc.), to develop opportunities and manage relationships.
- Work closely with BlackRock investment professionals to support the development of innovative products/solutions to meet the changing needs of the 403(b) market.
- Develop and drive new opportunities from beginning to end: initial pitch, finals presentations, client onboarding, ongoing account reviews and client service.
- Play a key leadership role within the DC business and the business broadly, representing key initiatives within the firm.
- Serve as the primary liaison between DC and the rest of BlackRock on all 403(b)-related issues
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
- Minimum 10 years in a DC sales and client service role with a leading retirement services firm.
- Extensive experience within the 403(b) market and a proven track record of growing revenue.
- Deep knowledge of DC and 403(b) industry trends, regulation and operations.
- Experience developing and executing a revenue-generating, sustainable sales strategy
- Strong investment acumen and a high degree of fluency and comfort in structuring and positioning investment solutions in the 403(b) market. Understands value-added consultative interactions that extend beyond specific products.
- Previous experience in a significant leadership capacity.
- Strategic thinker committed to collaboration and team environment.
- Possess high energy, motivation, and a commitment to excellence.
- Flexible and adaptive in a high growth, innovative and dynamic environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 required.
- An undergraduate degree is required and an MBA, other advanced degree, or CFA are preferred.
Minimum 10 years in a DC sales and client service role with a leading retirement services firm.Extensive experience within the 403(b) market and a proven track record of growing revenue.Deep knowledge of DC and 403(b) industry trends, regulation and operations.Experience developing and executing a revenue-generating, sustainable sales strategyStrong investment acumen and a high degree of fluency and comfort in structuring and positioning investment solutions in the 403(b) market. Understands value-added consultative interactions that extend beyond specific products.Previous experience in a significant leadership capacity.Strategic thinker committed to collaboration and team environment.Possess high energy, motivation, and a commitment to excellence.Flexible and adaptive in a high growth, innovative and dynamic environment.Exceptional oral and written communication skills.FINRA Series 7 and 63 required.An undergraduate degree is required and an MBA, other advanced degree, or CFA are preferred.
Job Function: Sales/Relationship Management
Organization: US DC
Title: 403(b) Sales/Strategy Director
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 162426
Job Posting: Jul 27, 2017, 12:48:17 PM