BlackRock Analyst – Financial Market Advisory – Markets in Mumbai, India
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide. At June 2017, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.689 trillion. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Headquartered in New York City, as of September 30, 2013, the firm had approximately 11,200 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
TheFinancial Markets Advisory Group (“FMA”)is an advisory unit that works with clients on complex issues related to the intersection of the balance sheet and the capital markets.
- FMA’s primary clients are banks, broker-dealers, market intermediaries, insurance companies, large institutional investors, central banks, finance ministries, regulatory agencies and nongovernmental/multilateral organizations
- FMA’s business combines the capital markets expertise of an investment bank, the portfolio management capabilities of a global asset manager, the big data analytical and processing capabilities of a technology company and the creative problem-solving of a financial institutions consultancy
FMA provides tailored and unbiased advice to holders of complex capital markets exposures:
- Valuation and risk assessmentof balance sheet exposures, including securities, loans, derivatives, income and equity capital;
- Strategic advisoryengagements, focused on balance sheet strategy, stress testing and capital planning; M&A/restructuring transaction support; default and counterparty risk management and asset-liability management and hedge advisory; and
- Specialized asset management and transaction execution services, including near-, intermediate- and long-term wind-downs and dispositions; asset workouts and restructuring; enforcement and commutation and unwind and termination of synthetic exposures
- Work with the team in Gurgaon and New York in the valuation and risk management of portfolios of Structured Finance securities.
- Ascertain the risks underlying distressed and illiquid financial instruments using Blackrock’s proprietary models & tools. Develop customized models for exotic positions and present the results to Portfolio Managers.
- Propose buy/sell recommendation in line with the investment plan and regulatory concerns of the client.
- Liaise with other analysts, developers and financial modelers in enhancing our proprietary credit models,
- reporting and analysis
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to managing/developing the models’ feeds, analyzing the data output and suggesting/implementing process improvement
- Constant need to track and manage multiple projects with respect to timelines, resource estimation and quality control
- Coordinate with the team in India and other Blackrock offices in analyzing risk analytics data and suggesting modelling changes/improvements
- Prior Experience of 1-2 years in the Financial Services Industry
- Ability to interpret performance metrics on broad Asset-Classes (Private Equity, Asset Backed Securities, Corp-bonds, Sovereigns, ABS, etc.) and produce specific Market commentary
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of financial markets and current events, and be able to understand financial products
- Experience with scripting, data management, and / or visualization tools / programming languages, e.g. R, Python, SAS, VBA, and SQL, with fluency in any one
- Exposure to Econometric and cashflow modeling of bespoke and illiquid instruments will be a plus
- Must be able to write and understand complex financial algorithms for implementing methods, tools and applications
- Self-starter who can work independently and be able to work and deliver under minimal supervision
- A bachelor’s degree in quantitative area such as Physical Sciences, Engineering, Economics or Mathematics from a reputed institute
- Strong quantitative and data interpretation/manipulation skills
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with VBA and SQL is preferable
- MBA/FRM/CFA or progress toward a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Sales/Relationship Management
Title: Analyst – Financial Market Advisory – Markets
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-India-Mumbai
Requisition ID: 172265
Job Posting: Aug 11, 2017, 12:05:33 AM