BlackRock Software Developer Associate in London, United Kingdom
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter:@blackrock_news| Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
What is Aladdin?
The Aladdin® product unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step in the investment process. Aladdin enables organizations to communicate better, work smarter, see clearer, and move faster in a changing landscape. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry’s thought leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. The Aladdin Product Group creates next generation technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets, support millions of financial instruments and their risk calculations and process millions of financial transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide.
The Portfolio Management Tools (PMT) team is responsible for building and maintaining BlackRock’s core portfolio management infrastructure in support of the Portfolio Management Group as well as our BlackRock Solutions Aladdin clients. PMT is one of the development groups within the broader Aladdin Product Group (APG) at BlackRock.
The position is for a Software Engineer within the PMT development team. The team develops and supports multiple tools used globally by Scientific Active Equity Portfolio Managers.
The role is for a Software Engineer for the PMT Development team in London.
- Solution Design and Implementation (technical innovation and prototyping, architecture design, software development)
- Production Support (ensure proper coverage, issue resolution)
- Product Champion (deep understanding of business, functional and technology stack)
- Build/Source: Maven/Ant/Ivy/Gradle (nice to have), Git, Artifactory
- Methodology: Agile (TDD, BDD. Sprints, etc.)
- Tooling: Eclipse, Intellij IDEA, WebStorm, JIRA, Jenkins
- Formal Methods: Design Patterns, System Design, Application Design
- Experience: Support, Development, Architecture, Business Facing
- Domain: Equity and Fixed Income experience preferred
- Personal Skills: Good Communicator, Organized, Problem Solver, Improver, Presentable, Driven, Pro-Active (not Passive)Salary: CompetitiveLocation: LondonJob closing date: Monday 28 August 2017
Job Function: Technology
Organization: APG-Investment Systems
Title: Software Developer Associate
Primary Location: EMEA-United Kingdom-London
Requisition ID: 171061
Job Posting: Jul 31, 2017, 3:44:19 AM