BlackRock Research & Analysis Product Manager in London, United Kingdom
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter:@blackrock_news| Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview
Drive product strategy as an Aladdin Product Manager with a specific focus on Aladdin risk analysis and research capabilities and product offering. Product Managers lead and champion initiatives, both big and small, across the organization to execute firm-wide initiatives, increase the Aladdin value proposition for clients, and increase revenue opportunity for the firm. You’re accountable for defining Aladdin Research and Risk Analysis product strategy, being highly commercial, guiding products and being engrained in the entire product lifecycle. The Product Manager is responsible for a cross-functional product team, marching the team toward a common goal for the product. Product Managers work with stakeholders to influence how technology can help BlackRock and Aladdin clients respond to a changing marketplace.
As a Product Manager, you’ll be closely connected with the marketplace, our client community, and BlackRock business strategy to drive product direction. Sitting at the intersection of business and technology, Product Managers work closely with Aladdin developers and other stakeholders to innovate, conceptualize, design and pilot new capabilities to simplify our clients’ business problems. By communicating up and down the organization, Product Managers are responsible for advocating and influencing partner teams to build buy-in on product vision to create a market-leading product.
Given the diversity of asset classes and investment processes across BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions’ clients, the capabilities developed and supported by the Product Management team span a wide array of financial products, investment, corporate, and client workflows.
We offer a dynamic, team-oriented environment with tremendous learning and growth potential.
- Lead as a Product Manager for Aladdin Research and Risk Analysis capabilities
- Define and champion the product roadmap
- Champion the Research and Risk Analysis initiative throughout the firm by identifying product gaps and / or commercial opportunities
- Create alignment amongst internal and external stakeholders
- Lead virtual product team to create tangible prototypes that show business benefits
- Define and own the product story – both short and long-term approaches
- Partner with developers through the development process; incorporate user feedback
- Partner with the Aladdin Business to help define and lead Aladdin research and risk analysis opportunities in the market place
- Work with Relationship Management and Product Marketing to define deployment strategy
- Serve as a resource to internal and external clients with regard to our capabilities in the context of their business
- Track and measure usage and feedback to inform product strategy
- Stay attuned to industry and technology trends, markets and alternative product offerings and conceptualize impacts to the Aladdin offering
- 5 years of Product Management / Product ownership or relevant experience
- Proven experience leading a product team and facing off both an internal and external client base
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Insatiable interest in creating and analyzing products.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and planning skills, including the ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down the organization
- Superior influencing skills
- Ability to work and deliver results independently, self-starter
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Economics or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong technical abilities
Job Function: Technology
Organization: APG-Aladdin Product Mgmt
Title: Research & Analysis Product Manager
Primary Location: EMEA-United Kingdom-London
Requisition ID: 172245
Job Posting: Jul 21, 2017, 7:03:11 AM