BlackRock Product Strategy Associate in London, United Kingdom
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
Product Strategy is an essential contributor to the success of product development at BlackRock. Product development is viewed as a core discipline at the firm, where SPM is the focal point for the impartial analysis of new ideas and brings together different skills from around the business to turn those ideas into realistic product propositions. The Product Strategy team is at the heart of this process.
SPM plays a key role inleading the way with the business to generate new ideas and seeking out opportunities for BlackRock to strengthen its position in the market. These functions are more strategic in nature and complement the product implementation role of the team by contributing to the scoping out of new product concepts and also assisting products to reach their full potential.
The broad remit of the Product Strategy team results in it performing a wide range of functions, including: generation of new ideas for products at BlackRock; market, competitor and fund range analysis to assess product opportunities; leading strategic product projects which drive the creation, evolution and rationalisation of our product set; contribution to the thought leadership of the client narrative of a product or a product range and the business analysis and design of specific product ideas.
We are seeking a high quality Associate to work in Product Strategy team which forms part of SPM.
This is a high profile role that is business critical given the importance of delivering products that respond to the current market environment, industry trends and perceived client needs.
- Support Product Strategy initiatives and help drive consensus and conclusions in relation to BlackRock’s product agenda.
- Run, analyse and interpret competitor, market and fund range data to ensure our products have optimum salability (e.g. are they wrapped correctly, are they priced efficiently).
- Determine potential gaps in BlackRock’s product offering and present potential product ideas to the wider business.
- Actively participate in thought leadership in relation to product strategy within the team.
- Partner with the investment teams and the retail and institutional sales teams to drive the product pipeline and product ideation.
- Support the teams’ product development and product structuring function in relation to transforming product strategy into implementation.
- Working as part of a large multi-dimensional team, with access to a broad range of skills and expertise.
- Involvement in senior and firm wide initiatives that change the face of BlackRock’s product set.
- Understanding of BlackRock’s fund mechanics for the EMEA product set (strategy, pricing, liquidity terms etc.).
- Broad exposure to key stakeholders who contribute to the development of BlackRock EMEA’s product range, including retail/institutional sales channels, passive/active, alternatives, equity, fixed income and multi-asset.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Self-starter with a high degree of intellectual ability combined with a lateral-thinking, creative and enquiring mind.
- Ability to assimilate and interpret data from various sources and make recommendations using a combination of commercial judgement and analytic insight.
- Previous experience in product, corporate strategy, consultancy, investments and/or sales desirable.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate complex issues and interact with other teams across the business.
- Good knowledge of asset classes, investments and distribution across a broad range of investment strategies and regions.
- Ability to successfully work as part of a team
Job Function: Product Management
Organization: Strategic Product Management
Title: Product Strategy Associate
Primary Location: EMEA-United Kingdom-London
Requisition ID: 171002
Job Posting: Jun 16, 2017, 5:36:28 AM