BlackRock Fixed Income Alternatives Senior Credit Analyst, Director in London, United Kingdom
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock offers access to a spectrum of alternative investments amounting to approximately $138 billion of assets — including hedge funds, private equity, private credit, real estate and infrastructure all organized under BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI).BlackRock’s Global Credit team manages more than $155 billion in assets across public and private market credit strategies. The platform, in partnership with Global Fixed Income and BlackRock Alternative Investors, offers clients one of the industry's broadest arrays of investment choices across the spectrum of risk, liquidity, and geographies.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
This is a Senior Analyst position within the Fundamental Credit team. The candidate will report to The EMEA Head of Research and work closely with the portfolio managers in assessing credit opportunities. The candidate will be responsible for rigorous credit-orientated fundamental research across the corporate capital structure and monitoring investments for long short credit funds, as well as HY and loan portfolios.
- Conduct fundamental credit research across the corporate capital structure.
- Cover one or several industry sectors, analysing and explaining economic, competitive and political drivers that impact a borrower's credit quality and assessing relative value.
- Contribute trade ideas and discuss them with the portfolio managers, participate in relative value and trade structuring discussions.
- Interact with management teams, industry sources, other analysts, sell-side analysts, and other investment professionals.
- Assimilate and filter various sources of information to develop long term, well-researched investment theses on credits, sectors and issuers.
- Create historical and projected financial models, analyse key financial and operational metrics, develop deep valuation.
- Communicate credit opinions and investment recommendations orally and in writing to Portfolio Managers, other analysts, credit and advisory committees and external clients.
- Mentor and train junior analysts in the team.
Skills, experience and education:
- Proven experience of identifying profitable investment opportunities based on extensive fundamental research on leveraged issuers in European credit market
- Expert in credit/financial statement analysis, with specific experience analysing companies, fixed income securities, credit derivatives and equity investments
- Familiarity and experience with bond and loan covenants – familiarity with leveraged loan credits and syndication processes in beneficial but not essential
- Advanced financial analysis and modelling skills with specific experience in one of several of the following: analysing companies, fixed income securities or equity investments
- Inquisitive nature, driven to excel in all aspects of the analytical process and in assessing opportunities through different asset classes
- Enquiring and analytically minded with a logical and thorough work ethic
- Must possess the desire and ability to work in a team-orientated environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be fluent in English
- Fluency in a second language is preferred
Job Function: Investment Management (Trading, Research, Portfolio Management)
Title: Fixed Income Alternatives Senior Credit Analyst, Director
Primary Location: EMEA-United Kingdom-London
Requisition ID: 170888
Job Posting: Aug 1, 2017, 11:57:38 AM