BlackRock Head of Financial Institutions Group (FIG) Asia in Hong Kong, China
BlackRock is a truly global firm and a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. BlackRock helps clients around the world overcome challenges by providing innovative and holistic products and solutions. BlackRock harnesses the benefits of a worldwide reach while leveraging deep local relationships and knowledge. As of December 31st, 2016 BlackRock's assets under management (AuM) total US$5.1 trillion across equity, fixed income, cash management, alternative investments, real estate and advisory strategies. The firm employs more than 13,000 talented professionals in 30 countries. Our client base includes corporate, public, union and industry pension plans; insurance companies; governments; third-party mutual funds; endowments; foundations; charities; corporations; official institutions; sovereign wealth funds; banks; financial professionals; and individuals worldwide.
Business Unit Overview:
Within the FIG Business we pride ourselves on creating, communicating, and delivering specific investment solutions for BlackRock’s insurance clients.
FIG operates as part of a global ICB practice which is responsible for managing relationships with some of the firm’s largest clients. ICB is supported by alternative investments specialists, strategists in BlackRock’s Client Solutions Group, risk analytics experts in BlackRock’s Solutions business, as well as professionals and thought leadership across the wider BlackRock organization that help deliver the full breadth of the platform.
FIG offers its clients comprehensive expertise and a focused touch-point into our organization. The team serves as a trusted advisor and an invaluable resource capable of building custom solutions that consider the complex needs of each client within the context of an ever-changing environment.
The team is highly focused on establishing new relationships and further developing existing ones through first class service and delivery of best in class content. This new role provides ample opportunity for an individual to lead and shape the direction of the market strategy. Further, the group’s consultative approach with clients and the strength of internal partnerships are essential to achieving sustainable growth and scale.
Job Background & Responsibilities:
We are looking for someone to drive forward and lead our FIG client base within the ICB. This position will be based in Hong Kong and report jointly to David Lomas and Andrew Landman. The roles activities include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Formulate, own and execute an integrated market strategy for insurance companies in Asia
- Lead the Client Solutions support for the insurance sector, working closely with the relationship management team in the region
- Manage and communicate the results of strategic asset allocation exercises for insurance companies, leveraging other Client Solutions SAA and project management resources
- Develop a thorough understanding of the implications of the regulatory framework for the investment and risk management decisions made by different types of insurers
- Assist in the development of a view of insurance company liabilities, with the goal of conforming strategic asset allocation recommendations to ALM considerations
- Coordinate cross functional partnerships and proactively leverage all available resources in order to elevate the effectiveness of the business results
- Form strong relationships with senior leadership across BlackRock and leverage their influence to drive results
- Identify how industry trends and macro factors affect insurance clients and develop innovative client propositions
- Deliver BlackRock’s full suite of investment solutions and services to address unique inquiries that arise
- Actively enable cross-channel sales opportunities, closely partnering with internal teams, in an effort to position a complete set of BlackRock capabilities to insurance clients
- Engage with internal product development stakeholders and specialist sales teams to develop BlackRock’s offering Ensure products and services are available that are relevant for insurance clients and demonstrate BlackRock’s unique value proposition
- Lead and inspire the existing team, and develop an uncompromisingly strong talent pipeline ahead of future need
- The successful candidate will also need broad experience of insurance, capital markets and capital management gained over around 10 - 15 years
- Proven leadership, relationship management and track record with a sophisticated client base. Insurance client experience strongly preferred
- Broad range of technical investment expertise spanning all major asset classes
- Strong knowledge of local insurance companies and the major drivers of their business from an economic, regulatory and asset management perspective
- Detailed technical product and market knowledge across capital markets, asset classes, and investment vehicles.
- Ability to “get into the mind” of insurance industry CEOs and CIOs, and converse fluently on their terms
- Strong background in client engagement and deliver
- Language skills and cultural awareness within the region are an advantage
Job Function: Executive
Organization: ICB-Asia Pacific Institutional
Title: Head of Financial Institutions Group (FIG) Asia
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-China-Hong Kong
Requisition ID: 171389
Job Posting: Aug 5, 2017, 11:00:00 PM