BlackRock Developer - Associate in Gurgaon, India
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
The Web Tools and Technology (WTT) team is responsible for delivering BlackRock’s online presence, including websites and investor tools, and driving the overall digital user experience for the company, focusing on six areas: Institutional client sites, core platform, product information, fund data, marketing & retail sites, and web tools.
The Java Developer will have the responsibility to execute projects from start to finish, working either independently or with a project team, while also working with business clients to design and implement specifications to ensure the successful release of a completed product.
Work with project managers, technical leads, business owners and analysts through the whole SDLC, understanding and refining systems requirements, designing and writing code, clearly documenting the development process.
• Develop server-based solutions for a wide range of web sites and web applications.
• Understand and support existing systems, and resolve operations issues while working with other support team staff located across the globe.
• Work with development teams to create the technical architecture around client technology needs.
• Solve client problems and communicate resolutions for existing systems
• 3 years hands-on Java, J2EE development (JSP, Servlet, Spring, JDBC, JSTL, Tomcat, Web MVC etc.)
• 2 years’ experience with Open Source tools (Apache, Tomcat, Hibernate, Ant, Spring, JUnit, etc.)
• 1 years UNIX experience preferable (ksh, bash, shell scripts)
• Strong foundation in SDLC methodologies - Waterfall, Agile, Unified Process
• Experience with object modeling and architecture using UML
• Financial knowledge and interest strongly recommended
• Experience working with global project teams spread across several time zones a must
• Strong teamwork, communication skills and time management abilities a must
Job Function: Technology
Organization: APG-Sales & Distribution Systems
Title: Developer - Associate
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-India-Gurgaon
Requisition ID: 171026
Job Posting: Jul 18, 2017, 11:00:00 PM