BlackRock Developer - Associate in Gurgaon, India
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At March 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $4.737 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares ®(exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions ®. As of March 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
What is Aladdin?
The Aladdin® product unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step in the investment process. Aladdin enables organizations to communicate better, work smarter, see clearer, and move faster in a changing landscape. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry’s thought leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. The Aladdin Product Group creates next generation technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets, support millions of financial instruments and their risk calculations and process millions of financial transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide.
The Trading team within Aladdin Product Group is responsible for designing and building software used by BlackRock and BlackRock Solution clients for portfolio management and trading.
- This position is for a Developer on the team. A successful candidate is expected to create and deliver software, have responsibility to execute projects from start to finish, work independently or with a project team.
- Work with project manager, technical leads, business owners and analysts in all phases of the whole software development lifecycle, including: requirement gathering, application design, system development, testing and implementation.
- Work with other development teams to design and build reusable technologies.
- Understand and support existing systems, including resolving operational issues while working with teams located across the globe.
- Execute and communicate solutions
• Expert Core Java Knowledge with at least 5 years hands on experience
• Strong exposure to frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, is required
• At least 2 years database experience (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling, JDBC)
• Strong experience with object modeling and architecture
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong attention to details and thoroughness
• Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter and learn quickly
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Bachelor’s degree – technical or engineering specialty preferred
• Financial knowledge and interest strongly recommended
• Strong hold on Multithreading
• Wider knowledge/ exposure to J2EE
• Experience in Workflow Management/ Reporting platform or technologies
• Experience in Front office trading/ Operations platform would be added advantage
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
Job Function: Technology
Organization: APG-Investment Systems
Title: Developer - Associate
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-India-Gurgaon
Requisition ID: 172057
Job Posting: Jul 18, 2017, 11:00:00 PM