BlackRock BlackRock - Financial Modeling Group - Mortgage Modeling - Associate in Gurgaon, India
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter:@blackrock_news| Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The Financial Modeling Group (FMG) is responsible for the research and development of financial models underpinning the risk management analytics produced at BlackRock. The group also contributes to the infrastructure and software responsible for the production of analytics and the delivery of analytic content to portfolio and risk management professionals both within and outside BlackRock. Given the diversity of business objectives among BlackRock Solutions clients and within BlackRock itself the models developed and supported by the Financial Modeling Group span a wide array of financial products, ranging from equity to fixed income to derivatives. In addition, members of FMG seek to provide analysis and insight on many different levels from analysis of the cash flows of a single bond to the overall financial risk associated with an entire portfolio, enterprise or balance sheet
The Financial Modeling Group focuses on developing an analytical engine covering range of asset classes including but not limited to Fixed Income and Derivatives. Members of the Financial Modeling Group work extensively with portfolio management, marketing, and the portfolio analytics groups and are often involved with clients on a prospective basis.
- Associates will be involved in solving challenging business problems using creative solutions utilizing a variety of technologies.
- They will have the opportunity to work on significant projects that will expand their knowledge and skills, as well as benefit BlackRock
- They will also help with maintenance and support of our existing models. In addition, they may play important roles towards the research and development of new models.
- Provide modeling and analytical supports to internal and external clients
- Develop models using various technologies and quantitative concepts to deliver on the objectives of the group.
For candidates interested in understanding security valuation, term structure models, product complexity and technology of security analytics related to all asset classes including Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives, FMG offers the opportunity to learn risk management in the context of both portfolio management activities and risk management at the corporate level.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering or Computers Science from top tier institutes (IITs, BITs, top NITs, DCE and NSIT only).
- Prior Experience of 3-6 years in JAVA/J2EE or any other OOPS programming language with exposure towards technologies like Angular JS.
- Exposure to scripting technologies like PERL/Python and to SQL.
- Work with other FMG members to develop new applications and enhance existing applications. Own the deployed applications and verify the outcomes to be consistent.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest towards learning about new technologies and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and oral and written communication skills are also required
- Strong programming knowledge with OOPS concepts.
- Strong desire to apply these skills to address financial problems and issues that BlackRock encounters in the course of business.
- Good Knowledge of Analytical Tools and MS Office (Excel, Word and Power-point).
- Progress toward CFA / FRM a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and strong work ethics
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses excellent communication and presentation skills
- Possesses excellent creative and analytical skills
- Organized in carrying out the responsibilities, possess strong time management skills and should be high on focus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
Job Function: Analytics
Title: BlackRock - Financial Modeling Group - Mortgage Modeling - Associate
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-India-Gurgaon
Requisition ID: 162835
Job Posting: Jul 20, 2017, 5:33:26 AM