BlackRock Associate – Aladdin Product Services – Service Bureau in Gurgaon, India
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide. At June 2017, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.689 trillion. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Headquartered in New York City, as of September 30, 2013, the firm had approximately 11,200 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
Business Unit Overview:
The Service Bureau role is part of the Aladdin Product Services within BlackRock Solutions’ Aladdin Business unit. BlackRock Solutions’ mission is to provide BlackRock with the best risk analytics and investment management platform, as well as to use this platform to offer a variety of tools and services to other large institutional investors. The Aladdin Solutions Center provides front line support and training for Aladdin, BlackRock’s proprietary Trading System software. The Service Bureau team focuses on administering client requests, specifically as they relate to setting up client specific data within Aladdin. This data is critical to the functionality of the system
An Associate in the Service Bureau team is responsible for providing oversight to Analysts whose responsibilities include monitoring incoming requests, handle the requests and then communicate back with the requester. You will be responsible for monitoring clients’ requests and making sure their queries are being handled in a timely manner and client SLAs are being met.
- Function as content knowledge expert in the configuration / maintenance aspect within the Aladdin.
- This will involve setting and maintaining Portfolios at client end, maintaining new and existing counterparty setups and settlement instructions and processing new and existing request related to user maintenance and permissions structure.
- Continuously streamlining the workflows and processes through analyzing, designing and developing automation engineering improvement across Aladdin tools and applications.
- Managing Data questions for external clients related to Security Market Data
- Technical Support – modify existing Perl scripts, ad-hoc sql queries, etc.
- Other configuration changes in Aladdin
- Accurately record and present all metrics related to work to enable management to have a good view of team productivity and efficiency
- Work with high levels of accuracy and follow compliance rules
- Constantly evaluate systems, processes and procedures for inefficiencies, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Organize and participate in cross training efforts.
- College graduates/MBA with 5-8 years of corporate experience
- Strong computer skills are required, and an understanding of relational database concepts. SQL is a plus.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills; extremely detail oriented. Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to absorb high volume of information and request and process the data quickly to provide best client service.
- Ability to perform in fast paced environment; strong time management skills, with an ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Knowledge of financial instruments and markets is beneficial
- Asset Management or Broker/Dealer Trade Processing or Operations background is a plus
- Client service orientation and solid oral and written communication skills
- Having an experience in implementations of financial market tools is a plus
- Management experience (not mandatory but is a plus)
Desired Skills/ Qualifications:
- Graduates with a strong academic background in a variety of analytical, financial, and technical degrees including, but not limited to: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Statistics
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, a strong work ethic
- The ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; very client service focused
- Leadership/management skills
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Outline a few key responsibilities of the role
- Focus on day to day needs and functions
- Use bullet points.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Sales/Relationship Management
Organization: BRS - Aladdin
Title: Associate – Aladdin Product Services – Service Bureau
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-India-Gurgaon
Requisition ID: 172315
Job Posting: Aug 11, 2017, 12:32:50 AM