BlackRock Aladdin Product Group - Developer - Analyst in Gurgaon, India
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At March 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $4.737 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares ®(exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions ®. As of March 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa
What is Aladdin?
The Aladdin® product unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step in the investment process. Aladdin enables organizations to communicate better, work smarter, see clearer, and move faster in a changing landscape. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry’s thought leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. The Aladdin Product Group creates next generation technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets, support millions of financial instruments and their risk calculations and process millions of financial transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide.
The Core Software Infrastructure (CSI) team is a global group within the Aladdin Product Group, represented by more than 70 software engineers located across 7 offices worldwide. The global team of engineers are devoted to the development and improvement of BlackRock’s most critical software infrastructure components. The tools and systems created by the team are used by every Aladdin product across every Aladdin team.
The CSI mission is to create the best development environment for developers at BlackRock and build technology to scale system operations through:
• Developing and supporting tools, frameworks, languages, and core libraries
• Managing productivity and quality enhancement software
• Continiuing development of web and mobile applications
• Supporting a large developer community through incisive consulting and troubleshooting
• Standardizing and promoting best practices
A successful candidate is expected to create and deliver software, have responsibility to execute projects from start to finish, work independently or with a project team.
• Work with project manager, technical leads, business owners and analysts in all phases of the whole software development lifecycle, including: requirement gathering, application design, system development, testing and implementation
• Work closely with senior members of the team, end users and client support teams to provide support and better understand user requests
• Work with other development teams to design and build reusable technologies
• Provide ongoing support and maintenance of existing application functionality, and assist in the diagnosis and resolution of critical production issues.
• Assist team leads with developing project estimates and plans
• Improve performance and scalability via testing and optimization
• Bachelors or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline
• At least 1-2 years of experience with large scale software development and deployment, preferably in the financial industry
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong foundation in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design as well as Design Patterns
• Strong programming skills in several of the following:
• Experience with graphical user interface design a strong plus• Experience with web application frameworks like Angular JS
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
Job Function: Technology
Organization: APG-Core Platform
Title: Aladdin Product Group - Developer - Analyst
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-India-Gurgaon
Requisition ID: 162391
Job Posting: May 9, 2017, 4:09:04 AM