BlackRock FMG Portfolio Modeling – Portfolio Risk Vice President in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock provides a range of solutions to our clients, from rigorous asset management approaches aimed at maximizing returns for given levels of risk, to highly efficient investment strategies designed to mirror the performance of key market indices and gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets, to investments in alternative strategies such as hedge funds, private equity and real estate. Our clients access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organsiaiton is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer The excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
BlackRock Solutions (BRS) supports the investment process through the development, deployment and support of Aladdin®, our enterprise investment management platform. Aladdin is utilized by executives, portfolio management, risk management, client businesses and operations teams. BRS also provides strategic advisory and enterprise investment system services for our clients with portfolios totaling over $15 trillion. Our diverse client base is internal and external. Internally, we create and deliver Aladdin’s analytical capabilities to support BlackRock investment teams and clients. Our external coverage includes portfolio managers, pensions, insurance companies, banks, and governments around the world using our analytics to understand and manage risk in their portfolios. The BRS business is the natural evolution of our long-standing investment in developing sophisticated and highly integrated analytics and systems for managing money.
The successful candidate will lead the design of portfolio risk models and analytics within Aladdin in the Budapest office, ensuring that models incorporate the latest advances in financial research, technology, and market developments. The candidate must be adept at balancing development priorities across a broad range of constituents. As a senior FMG Portfolio Risk modeler with both internal BlackRock and external Aladdin clients, they must have strong boardroom-level presence among senior investors and risk managers.
• Create and execute development strategy for portfolio risk models and analytics within Aladdin, primarily focused on equities.
• Help lead product management of the BlackRock equity risk model suite. Ensure that development remains focused on the commercial application of our risk models, and is scalable across a broad range of external clients.
• Work with clients to help them understand our product offering, and identify and develop model enhancements to improve the client value proposition.
• Act as the lead portfolio risk modeler in meetings with key internal and external clients. Represent the existing suite and in-flight projects with depth and authority.
• Provide thought leadership in portfolio risk modeling. Represent the firm at client meetings and industry conferences. Publish in industry and academic journals.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to a team of 2-3 modelers in Budapest.
• Help senior management build out a large, multi-disciplinary team in Budapest of portfolio risk modelers, developers and data analysts.
• Ph.D. in a highly quantitative academic discipline from a top-tier research university.
• Deep knowledge of finance, econometrics, and statistics. Experience conducting substantial empirical research and/or developing portfolio risk models is desired.
• 5 years of industry experience in financial modeling and development. Experience leading a small team of modelers.
• Industry-wide reputation as a thought leader, with significant contributions to the academic and practitioner literature.
• Proven leadership in creating innovations that have strong commercial demand from internal and external clients.
• Strong programming skills in R/RStudio, Matlab, or Python.
• Superior verbal, written, visual/presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team and across groups in a fast-paced environment.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Analytics
Title: FMG Portfolio Modeling – Portfolio Risk Vice President
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 172341
Job Posting: Aug 2, 2017, 10:11:34 AM