BlackRock Financial Modeling Group - Core Modeling Associate in Budapest, Hungary
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services too institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organization is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyze, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer the excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
Who We Are - Core Modeling
Core Modeling works on implementing pricing and risk models for single products, which form the foundation for higher level analytics like portfolio-level pricing in other teams. It is a small, close-knit team with a collegiate culture that values openness, creativity and an attention to detail bordering on the fanatical. We are also huge nerds. The Budapest team offers great growth opportunities, and a good mixture of junior and more experienced people.
What We Look For
• A Degree in a Computer Science or a Quantitative Field: An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree is a plus, but experience, logical thinking and mathematical maturity matters more than formal qualifications.
• A Passion for Programming: Programming is at the heart of everything we do. You must enjoy it to succeed on this team.
• Experience in development in one of C , Java or C#. A good grasp of algorithms. Openness to work in C , which is the language used in the team.
• An Analytical Cast of Mind: Whether you have a PhD in Physics or merely read math books for fun – we have both types on the team – a keen interest in solving analytical problems is key.
• Excellent Communication Skills: You will be expected to explain complex concepts to non-technical people in simple, intuitive terms.
• A Sense of Humor: We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and hopefully neither do you.
What You Will Be Doing
• Model Infrastructure: Design APIs to provide clients with novel ways of leveraging our models. Refactor existing analytical code to make it more modular and scalable.
• Quantitative Development: Expand product and market coverage to address evolving client needs by researching, implementing and rolling out new models and analytics.
• Analytical Support: Participate in meetings and calls with both internal and external clients in support of the BRS business.
• One BlackRock: Collaborate with and learn from colleagues in New York, London, San Francisco and Gurgaon. Get exposure to the state of the practice as well as to cutting edge academic research through regular colloquia.
• Thought Leadership: Keep abreast of recent trends in technology, quantitative finance, capital markets and regulation. Bring the latest techniques to bear on the problems we face in our day-to-day work.
Job Function: Analytics
Title: Financial Modeling Group - Core Modeling Associate
Primary Location: EMEA-Hungary-Budapest
Requisition ID: 172972
Job Posting: Oct 3, 2017, 2:06:38 AM
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.